Situated on the A338 Oxford to Wantage road, one mile N of the village of East Hanney. Built about 1790 on an ancient site (mentioned in Domesday) beside the Childrey Brook, a tributary of the River Ock. An undershot waterwheel drives millstones by mainly wooden machinery.
The buildings, workings and sluices are all in good condition and in full working order.
The mill has a Soil Assn. Organic Certification and will be working, grinding locally-grown organic wheat from Faringdon. June 17th, Sunday, 12-5pm. Admission £1, children 50p.